Well this is my first ever Blog! I should have started it before I came to Australia, but better late then never. This coming week is Stable on the Strand. It is a big event where we recreate the town of Bethlehem right near the beach. All the churches in Townsville get together and plan this event. There is dramas, kid games, camel rides, a carousel, and a youth area on the beach. I am so excited to be apart of this. I signed up to do random jobs like collect and count money, an usher, and a beggar. Also this coming week during the day my outreach team will be doing different things around the community- like going to the hospital, correctional facility, and helping people clean or decorate for christmas.
I am so glad I chose to do DTS. I have grown so much in my relationship with God. He is so much more then what I thought He was. The one thing that really impacted me was learning that it is a choice everyday to follow God, not just a spiritual high. Everyday when I wake up, I choose to follow Him and praise Him even though I don't want to sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment